Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Summary: Join VideaHealth as an early key member of our software engineering team to develop secure, scalable and reliable SaaS systems. In this role you will have the opportunity to build foundational systems, have meaningful influence on the evolution of the technology while helping us achieve our goal of improving the dental health of millions of people.
About the position: We are now looking for a Senior software engineer for the Videa platform. This role will focus on creating platform services to enable our expanding array of industry revolutionizing application and machine-learning capabilities.
Our Mission: VideaHealth is on the mission to improve the lives of billions of people around the globe. We do this by bringing Artificial Intelligence powered solutions to the world of dentistry.
About Us:Our MIT & Harvard research has shown that dentists miss up to 50% of dental diseases, leading to delayed treatments and significant health risks. We are changing this. Spun out of MIT, we are a team of business operators, engineers, AI scientists, and clinicians bringing AI-powered software to dentists and insurances. VideaHealth’s solutions are already used by many leading Dental Chains and Insurers to improve the quality of care through better diagnoses, lower operating costs, and improved patient understanding. We are supported by some of the best investors in the world, having raised over $26M in Venture Capital from Tier 1 investors such as Spark Capital (Twitter, SnapChat, SmileDirectClub), Zetta Venture (Kaggle) and Pillar VC (PathAI), as well as angel investors such as Frederic Kerrest (Co-founder of Okta). Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Wall Street Journal, and many other outlets. We are looking for ambitious, collaborative, self-starters to join us in making an impact on this world!
CONTRIBUTE TO CULTURE
- Build strong relationships by being a collaborative and dependable teammate across the software and machine learning teams as well as other key organizational stakeholder.
- Create value by working on the most critical efforts at Videa.
- Champion pragmatism and help the organization on its quest to constantly improve.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently by understanding your audience.
CONTRIBUTE TO VALUE CREATION
- Collaborate with teammates to design, build, automate testing of and support REST services at the application, identity, data pipeline/storage and machine learning layers.
- Scale data ingestion and processing pipeline for high throughput – ingress of over a million x-ray images per day!
- Extend existing Data Lake capabilities to store and query petabytes of binary and textual data and the associated metadata, systematically arranged in S3, RDBMS, and NoSQL databases.
- Enhance platform for efficient data extraction for model training.
- Invent the future of deploying versioned machine learning models at scale.
- Advance our platform’s deployment automation capabilities.
- Enable platform to agilely support complex interactions with our customers’ and partners’ technology.
WHAT WE NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with a keen interest in all things distributed.
- At least 4 years of experience building complex (secure, reliable, distributed and scalable) SaaS systems on AWS, Azure or GCP
- At least 4 years of experience Node.js or Python backend services.
- Hands-on experience in building well-crafted APIs that make the front-end developers smile!
- Experience with complex SQL/NoSQL database designs. Well-versed with schema normalizations and query optimization.
- A passion to utilize your skills to improve the world by positively impacting people's health!
WHAT WE WOULD LOVE
- Experience in implementing workflows, e.g., Apache Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Experience working in a Docker-first environment with Kubernetes or AWS-ECS
- Exposure to building front-end code in React or Angular
- Experience with Identity-as-a-Service providers (Auth0, OKTA, AWS Cognito, etc.)E
- Experience with automated deployment tooling (CDK, Terraform, etc.)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fast paced and collaborative work culture in which you can gain experience, grow your technical skills and work on a wide variety of challenges over your time with us
- A team led by a VP of Engineering who spent the first half of his career as an engineer who understands what engineers need to thrive and whose mission is for Videa to be the best team you'll ever join.
- Competitive pay and equity.
- Agile organization where being senior translates to being a mentor and role model for others. We lead by example.
- Technical challenges on the leading edge of innovation where software and machine learning
Our Company Values
• We are ambitious in our mission. We want to bring better health to millions of people globally by changing dentistry through AI.
• This is more than a job: We are motivated by our responsibility to patients and customers.
• We are selfless in the pursuit of our collective mission, balancing and prioritizing company goals ahead of individual goals when necessary to ensure company success.
• We adapt, persevere, and finesse our way through roadblocks and find a way to continue moving forward.
Championship Team Mentality:
• We support each other on our journey forward, and actively look for ways to collaborate and learn from each other to help our customers overcome their challenges while building an exceptional team and productive environment.
• Feedback is a gift: We motivate each other to do our best work and give, receive and welcome constructive feedback with positive intent.
• We are drivers and not passengers: Regardless of our job descriptions we observe what needs to be done and spring to action.
• We celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes as a team.
Strive for Excellence:
• We strive for excellence in what we do: We act with a sense of urgency, with high standards, and constantly learn.
• We have a sense of urgency. If something can benefit from action now, it should be done promptly
• We keep ourselves to a high standard of working smart, perfecting our craft, and driving hard while balancing this out for individual long-term resilience.
• We have a growth mindset as individuals and as a team, we think about how can we do something better or faster and how can we learn.
Pay Range: $85,000 - $200,000