Artificial Intelligence / Data Science (Internship)
Software Engineering, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2021
VideaHealth is a cutting-edge AI-powered solution for dentistry, developed by a team of business operators, engineers, AI scientists, and clinicians spun out of MIT. Our vision is to be the first company to diagnose a billion people globally. Our product is already used by thousands of dental clinicians to improve the quality of care through faster diagnoses, increased operating efficiencies, and improved patient understanding.
About the position:
This Internship position is for at least 3 months with flexible start time and can be set up remote, if circumstances require. You will be part of the AI team at VideaHealth, where you will closely work within the team of Machine Learning engineers on a well defined project that is focused, dependent on the candidate, around Deep Learning or Data Science. We are looking for a curious candidate with a background in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science who wants to have an impact on human health. You will learn from a diverse team of experts while being challenged with applied, real-world technical problems involving the development and implementation of state of the art algorithms and the analyses of large datasets.
What we offer:
- Share a collaborative work culture in which you can gain experience and grow your technical skills
- Offer exposure to technical challenges that have not been described in a text book yet
- Define a highly relevant, impactful internship project that you own, based on your interest and background
- Are flexible on the length of the internship (at least 3 months) and remote work, if required.
What we're looking for:
- Are enrolled in or have recently completed a M.S. or PhD program in Computer Science or related field
- Are seeking to have an impact on people's health
- Have hands-on experience in building deep learning and/or data pipelines
- Are familiar with Python
- Are curious to learn and take on your own project
- Have strong communication skills and want to contribute to our company culture
VideaHealth is supported by some of the best investors in the world, having raised over $27M in Venture Capital from Tier 1 investors such as Spark Capital (Twitter, SnapChat, SmileDirectClub), Zetta Venture (Kaggle), and Pillar VC (PillPack), as well as angel investors such as Frederic Kerrest (Co-founder of Okta). Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Wall Street Journal, and many other outlets.
If you want to join a breakthrough healthtech company and help accelerate its impact and growth, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!