Software Engineer - Customer Engineering
Who we are
Tractable is an Artificial Intelligence company bringing the speed and insight of Applied AI to visual assessment. Trained on millions of data points, our AI-powered solutions connect everyone involved in insurance, repairs, and sales of homes and cars – helping people work faster and smarter, while reducing friction and waste.
Founded in 2014, Tractable is now the AI tool of choice for world-leading insurance and automotive companies. Our solutions unlock the potential of Applied AI to transform the whole recovery ecosystem, from assessing damage and accelerating claims and repairs to recycling parts. They help make response to recovery up to ten times faster – even after full-scale disasters like floods and hurricanes.
Tractable has a world-class culture, backed up by our team, making us a global employer of choice!
We're a diverse team, uniting individuals of over 40 different nationalities and from varied backgrounds, with machine learning researchers and motor engineers collaborating together on a daily basis. We empower each team member to have tangible impact and grow their own scope by intentionally building a culture centred around collaboration, transparency, autonomy and continuous learning.
What you will do
There’s around 70 of us in the engineering team and we play a key part in bringing our AI to life. We collaborate closely with the Research teams who are responsible for developing our core AI models, we then enable that AI capability to be deployed to real world problems by building out products using modern open-source technologies and best practices.
You will be working out how we can best help millions of people around the world recover faster from an accident. We’re proud to see our products have a massive impact on people daily… and we know this is just the beginning.
You will be joining the Customer Engineering team. Customer Engineering works directly with our business development, product and AI research teams to provide a comprehensive solution to our customers’ business problems. We work in a lean and multi-national team with members in Europe and Japan. We continuously learn how to best achieve our mission: we make the best of feedback and experiences brought in by everyone and we look forward to hearing about what you can bring.
- Work at a key intersection between AI researchers, product engineering teams, and business development
- Implementing monitoring that will help us identify issues, bottlenecks and calculate metrics in our services
- Writing code against our platform to onboard new customers
- Collaborating with AI researchers and business teams to streamline the onboarding processes
- Improve the quality of all our services so that we can continuously deploy at low risk
- Clearly and frequently communicate with customers and keep them updated on the issue status
We're tech agnostic when hiring so you don't need experience with this stack to apply. Most of our team had no experience in this stack before joining us. If you are not familiar with this stack, then it's a great opportunity to join our team and learn new technologies (and we'll support with that).
- Serverless technologies (Lambda, SQS, Step Functions)
What you need to be successful
- Demonstrable track record of experience in software development
- Excellent coding skills using mainly object-oriented programming languages (preferably Python and/or Typescript)
- Experience in CI/CD best practices and AWS cloud native technologies
- Hands-on experience with REST protocols, web applications, APIs and relational databases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment with rapidly changing objectives
- Strong ownership mentality and self-drive from the first line of code to the impact on the end user
What’s in it for you
Generous financial reward for your effort
- Twice a year compensation reviews
- Generous equity package
Time off and flexible working
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Ability to work from abroad for up to 6 weeks/year
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Flexible hours and hybrid working
- Additional leave to support you when you need it, including sick pay, compassionate leave, or paid time-off to recharge after an intense work period
Support for your health and wellbeing
- Mental health and career coaching through Sanctus
- Free annual Headspace subscription
- L&D budget to use on Learnerbly (our learning platform)
At Tractable, we are committed to building a diverse team and inclusive workplace where people’s varied backgrounds and experiences are valued and recognised.
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and offer equal opportunities without discrimination.