Software Engineer - Contract
Who we are
Tractable is an Artificial Intelligence company bringing the speed and insight of Applied AI to visual assessment. Trained on millions of data points, our AI-powered solutions connect everyone involved in insurance, repairs, and sales of homes and cars – helping people work faster and smarter, while reducing friction and waste.
Founded in 2014, Tractable is now the AI tool of choice for world-leading insurance and automotive companies. Our solutions unlock the potential of Applied AI to transform the whole recovery ecosystem, from assessing damage and accelerating claims and repairs to recycling parts. They help make response to recovery up to ten times faster – even after full-scale disasters like floods and hurricanes.
Tractable has a world-class culture, backed up by our team, making us a global employer of choice!
We're a diverse team, uniting individuals of over 40 different nationalities and from varied backgrounds, with machine learning researchers and motor engineers collaborating together on a daily basis. We empower each team member to have tangible impact and grow their own scope by intentionally building a culture centred around collaboration, transparency, autonomy and continuous learning.
Software Engineer - Romania - Remote
The team and projects you will be working on:
We’re looking for a solution engineer to join us in our Customer Solutions team. Customer Solutions work directly with our business development, product and AI research teams to provide a comprehensive solution to our customers’ business problems. You will be responsible for understanding our customers’ systems and workflows and then integrating our platform with their systems in a seamless way. Additionally you will take an active role in improving processes, removing tech debt, and future-proofing our systems. We work in a lean and multi-national team with members in Europe, Japan, and the US. We continuously learn how to best achieve our mission: we make the best of feedback and experiences brought in by everyone and we look forward to hearing about what you can bring! This is also a great role if you have an interest in AI, as you will get exposure to how AI/ML is deployed and you will work cross-functionally with other Research and Data teams (previous experience/knowledge of AI is not required however).
- Write code against our platform to onboard new customers
- Work closely with other team members of the Customer Engineering team to develop and configure customer pipelines
- Develop new customer specific product features
- Implement monitoring that will help us identify issues, bottlenecks and calculate metrics in our services
- Improve the quality of all our services so that we can continuously deploy at low risk
What you need to be successful:
- Demonstrable track record of experience in software development
- Excellent coding skills using mainly Typescript ( Python knowledge is also useful )
- Experience in AWS Serverless development, best practises and products such as AWS step functions, lambdas and API gateway
- Hands-on experience with REST protocols, web applications, APIs and relational databases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively, in a highly dynamic environment, with changing objectives
- Strong ownership mentality and self-drive from the first line of code to the impact on the end use
At Tractable, we are committed to building a diverse team and inclusive workplace where people’s varied backgrounds and experiences are valued and recognised.
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and offer equal opportunities without discrimination.