Lead DevOps Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2023
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Guide the design and development of reusable Infrastructure as Code (IaC) components; create IaC test plans and execute testing across the lifecycle
- Deploy and support Cloud resources IaaS, PaaS, and/or SaaS, using infrastructure as code
via CICD pipeline, K8 using Helm. Write automation scripts for building, and deploying various products.
- Proactively identify procedures to streamline and automate the delivery process.
- Exposure to messaging pub/sub systems (eg: RabbitMQ)
- Automate routine tasks utilizing coding languages and tools. Preferred, but not limited, coding experience in PowerShell, Ansible, Python, and Terraform
- Recommended and documented policies, DevOps tools, branching and version control strategy & standards, quality strategies, and related industry best practices
- Implement new tools/develop/execute automation scripts for all environments
- Interact with Engineering/Operation Teams to build and manage the artifacts for production deployment
- Design, and manage Azure Kubernetes service infrastructure
- Manage Azure identities, and secrets
- Vulnerability and patch management and security based on established policies and procedures
- Managing and improving governance and solution configuration
- Create continuous environments as part of the overall Continuous Delivery objective as required by the Development and QA teams
- Collaborate extensively with other engineers to build tools and systems that support our services and allow engineers to deliver high-quality software.
Required /Preferred Experience
- Hands-on experience with Azure DevOps, various Azure Cloud Services.
- Experience with data transformation components such as Databricks, Analysis Services, Delta Lake
- Understanding of data transformation practices including: ETL, ELT, data modeling, data warehousing, and data lake. Understand data engineering process.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with Azure in a high-tech fast-paced environment
- Experience with platform technologies to include, Compute, Storage, Network, Data, Software, Observability
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible,Terraform or similar tool)
- Experience with Azure Repos, branching, code review and code analysis tool
- Proficient with Git, Git Flow and Azure DevOps
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization technologies like Docker
- Knowledge of observability tools like EFK(Elastic, Filebeat & Kibana)
- Self-starter with the ability to balance many tasks with changing priorities. Proven ability to handle a wide variety of tasks and successfully prioritize work
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good to have knowledge of PowerBI, Synapse, Data Factory
- 5+ years of hands-on experience
- Experience with provisioning and deploying SAAS-based applications in Azure
- Passion for solving operational technical challenges with scalable automated solutions to technical challenges
- Azure Certification in DevOps – Good to have
- Deep understanding of CI and containerization
- Commitment to improvement
- Start-up or fast-growing company experience is a plus