Staff/Principal Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
The Power of AI
In today's world, AI models are at the heart of countless businesses, transforming industries and streamlining processes. From Google Translate's language mastery to Amazon's personalized shopping recommendations, AI-driven solutions are shaping the way we live and work.
Unlock the Potential of Data Pipelines
At Linea, we empower companies to harness the full potential of their AI models by simplifying and automating the creation of data pipelines. Our groundbreaking product enables data engineers to generate pipelines directly from data science notebooks, track data flows and lineage, and swiftly identify and resolve issues. Leveraging reusable components extracted from existing pipelines, data engineers can efficiently build and update pipelines for optimal performance.
The Linea Legacy
Our origins stem from UC Berkeley's RISELab, where the founders of Databricks came from. Our world-class team comprises not only 3 of the roughly 10 global experts in our cutting-edge technology, but also a wealth of industry experience in MLOps from leading AI organizations such as LinkedIn, Google, Scale AI, Domino Data Lab, Microsoft, and NASA.
Backed by Industry Titans
We're proud to have the support of renowned advisors and investors, including the co-founders of Databricks and Kaggle, as well as the former US Chief Data Scientist. We've been fortunate to receive a significant amount of seed stage funding from top-tier venture funds.
Join us in revolutionizing the AI-driven landscape and unlock the future of data pipelines with Linea.
- Lead key product feature design and development for Linea Platform to meet a diverse set of data engineering requirements.
- Define product requirements with PMs and lead the implementation for a high performing product.
- Lead the design and implementation of a scalable system to support existing and upcoming features.
- Hands on experience to design large scale systems (e.g. microservices, SQS, Kafka, etc.) and APIs
- Familiarity with data pipeline orchestration frameworks such as Airflow, Prefect, Oozie, etc.
- Experience with at least one of the cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes)
- Thrive on taking ownership of projects, driving them forward to completion
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Great communicator; good listener / curious / adaptable / collaborative
Nice to haves
- Experience developing ML/Data infra tools
- Experience with building and maintain data infrastructure and customized tooling to improve quality of data pipelines
At Linea, we value ethical practices, a high quality work environment, and diversity in backgrounds and perspectives. We are personal-growth oriented and strive for a positive and inclusive culture.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.