Data Engineer Architect
IT, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Data Science Is Transforming The World
But data engineering is full of friction. Only 1 in 10 data science projects make it to production. At Linea, we are reimagining the data science toolchain to empower anyone to generate value with data.
What We Do
We are building a company to make the transformational power of data science available to everyone, without the need for PhD. Our mission is to unify the data science ecosystem using open source, serving as the bridge between the science and art of data. By incorporating the latest research from systems, databases, programming languages, and human-computer interactions, we are reimagining the data science experience to help everyone be great at data.
Modern data scientists love LineaPy, our open source tool that simplifies the most repetitive and mundane data engineering tasks. It’s our first step to empowering teams to deliver actionable insights faster.
Who We Are
Linea is a fast-growing company of explorers, engineers, and scientists. We are mission-driven and focused on providing an exceptional user experience. Our team works closely with customers from the world’s most recognizable brands to shape and refine our product.
Linea founders are CS PhDs from the lab at UC Berkeley that created Apache Spark. Our team has worked on many popular machine learning frameworks such as Spark MLlib, Tensorflow Extended (TFX), and ONNX – and built proprietary ML infra that powers billions of dollars in revenue. We make bold technical bets. We're not afraid to incorporate cutting-edge research to achieve unparalleled UX and product performance. Our competitive edge is our unique technical expertise and insight and relentless focus on serving our customers. We are headquartered in the Bay Area with a distributed workforce working remotely around the globe.
We are well-funded by top-tier VC firms and are scaling up our team to take on an ambitious product roadmap.
- You will use your knowledge of data engineering to define key product features for Linea Platform to meet a diverse set of data engineering requirements.
- You will leverage your understanding of data engineering requirements, both from your own experience and from customer requirements, to design and iterate on the APIs and UIs.
- You will architect a scalable system to support the platform features.
- You will lead a team of software engineers to implement Linea Platform.
- Experience developing ML/Data infra tools
- Familiarity with OSS data pipeline orchestration frameworks such as Airflow, Prefect, Oozie, etc.
- Practical understanding of modern data science and its components
- Expert knowledge of data engineering best practices and industry trends
- Ability to transform high-level needs into well thought-out system designs
- Thrive on taking full ownership of projects, driving them forward to completion
- Great communicator; good listener / curious / adaptable / collaborative
- Ability to coordinate development efforts across multiple team members. Facilitate collaboration and ensure progress.