Accounting & Finance
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
What you’ll do
In collaboration with our Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant will provide reliable and timely historical financial data used to drive strategic decisions.
This position will be based out of our Indianapolis, IN office and will be expected to come into the office in a hybrid capacity.
Who we are
Lilt is the leading AI solution for enterprise translations. Our stack made up of our Contextual AI Engine, Connector APIs, and Human Adaptive Feedback enable global organizations to adopt a true AI translation strategy, focusing on business outcomes instead of outputs. With Lilt, innovative, category-defining organizations like Intel, ASICS, WalkMe, and Canva are using AI technology to deliver multilingual, digital customer experiences at scale.
Our founders, Spence and John met at Google working on Google Translate. As researchers at Stanford and Berkeley, they both worked on language technology to make information accessible to everyone. They were amazed to learn that Google Translate wasn’t used for enterprise products and services inside the company and left to start a new company to address this need – Lilt.
At its core, Lilt has always been a machine learning company since its incorporation on March 6, 2015. At the time, machine translation didn’t meet the quality standard for enterprise translations, so Lilt assembled a cutting-edge research team tasked with closing that gap. While meeting customer demand for translation services, Lilt has prioritized investments in Large Language Models, believing that this foundation was imperative to the future of enterprise translation.
As a result, Lilt’s AI technology foundation is similar to ChatGPT and Google Translate, before our patented Contextual AI Engine, connector-first approach, and human-adapted feedback.
Our team is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in Berlin, Indianapolis, Dublin, and London and a presence in the DC area, NYC, Boston area, and SoCal.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support multi entity, global financial close process
- Preparation of month-end journal entries
- Maintain customer records, create invoices, and record cash receipts
- Corporate card management
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Generate financial reports and analysis to support organization-wide objectives.
- Assist with system implementations
- Ad hoc accounting research and analysis
Successful candidates will have:
- At least 2 years of accounting experience,
- Start-up tech company experience a plus
- Big 4 or regional CPA firm experience a plus
- CPA or path to CPA preferred but not required
- Attention to detail
- Strong foundation in US GAAP
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with NetSuite
What we offer:
- Compensation: Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and 401k matching.
- Health care: Employees receive coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Monthly lifestyle benefit stipend via the Fringe platform to allow employees to customize benefits to their lifestyle
Authorization to work in the US is a precondition of employment.
Lilt is an equal opportunity employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran or marital status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We are committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
See more open positions at Lilt
Something looks off?