Systems Engineer (Rust)
About this role
We're hiring an experienced Systems Engineer (Rust) to join our team in order to help lead the build-out of our data integration, transformation and pipeline tools. HASH develops open-source software that provides users with advanced predictive analytics, agent-simulation and ontology management capabilities.
We are hiring globally for this role, working either from our London (UK) office or along UK/Western European time zones. Depending on circumstance and preference, the opportunity exists for in-person or remote work.
- Strong working knowledge of Rust and/or TypeScript
- Prior experience in a Data Engineering or other similar role involving software development and architecture
- At minimum a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or similar.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Direct experience with SQL, data modeling, data warehousing, and building ELT/ETL pipelines
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field
- Experience building atop streaming technologies such as Kafka/Spark
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience as founder, foundational member or early employee of an early-stage start up - or delivering in another high-pressure environment
- You understand how to prioritize scarce resources and default to action, getting the most important things done
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- At least 30 days of global annual holiday
- US-based candidates: access to a 401(k) and fully comprehensive health insurance
- UK-based candidates: access to a tax-optimized salary sacrifice pension
- A range of other country and location-specific benefits. Let us know where you’re applying from!