Vice President of Global Deployments (Field Operations) - UK
Vice President of Global Deployments
Remote in the UK
Who we are
Focal Systems is the industry leader in retail AI solutions. We are a Silicon Valley based startup that has more than doubled in size every year since inception. We are a Deep Learning first company. Our mission is to automate and optimize brick and mortar retail using deep learning computer vision. Focal Systems has been deployed at scale with the top retailers in the world. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate people who want to help build a great and enduring company and deploy Deep Learning to the world!
What we are looking for
The Vice President of Global Deployments is responsible for rolling out Focal’s cutting edge technology to the world. You will manage hundreds to thousands of directors, field service managers, and field operators that will install our system in stores throughout the globe. The ideal candidate will have proven experience building and managing successful field operations teams and rolling out hardware solutions with a significant complexity. You know how to achieve operational excellence, without getting lost in the process. You have scars and bruises from operations that you were responsible for that didn’t succeed but survived to tell the tale. You are proud of those, but don’t want to repeat.
What you will do
Reporting to the SVP of Operations, you will build and lead a highly experienced team of Directors, FSMs, and field operators responsible for the end-to-end installation of our state-of-the-art shelf camera technology that are currently deployed at scale (200,000+ units) at leading retailers across 8 countries.
- Define and own key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Develop innovative on-site and remote capabilities to shorten the sales cycle through proof-of-concept programs and ROI models
- Collaborate with executive management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Analyze operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Identify and target areas in which the business can improve operations
- Work with your Directors of Operations to ensure effective management
- Proactively address barriers to success
- Understand the customer's business, define success criteria, and build plans to exceed expectations
What you need to be successful
- 15+ years of operational experience with 5+ years in a VP leadership role with significant experience in managing people and process
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Superior knowledge of multiple functions and principles, including finance, account management, customer success, supply chain, and management
- Proven ability to oversee operational process and deployment for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Excellent communication, presentation, and demonstration skills
- Knowledge of retail, mass merchandiser, home improvement, and/or grocery operations, along with the associated IT stack such as shopper-facing apps, back-room inventory management, and/or retail POS systems is a plus
- Ability and desire to work independently in a remote environment and travel internationally as needed
- Six Sigma certification a huge plus
- Startup mentality, boundless energy, willing to put in over 50 hours a week and travel ~25% of the time
Core values: You align strongly with Focal’s Values and Mission
Superior leadership: You have extensive experience in building & leading organizations comprised of strong individual contributors and managers. You are as passionate about leading, attracting and growing talent as you are about continuously improving our products and processes.
Data: You believe that data is the foundation for decision-making, and you are willing to challenge and be challenged. You believe in rolling up your sleeves and digging in when needed regardless of organizational structure or boundaries.
Result-driven: As a catalyst, you drive field operations strategy and roadmap to achieve stellar results. You are highly productive, independent, technology-focused, and have excellent communication and presentation skills. Above all else, you are as passionate about building and managing world-class teams.
Why Focal Systems
We are a tightly-knit team with an ambitious mission and a strong set of core values, which define our approach to business and have successfully guided us since inception.
We are a team of hard-working, fun-loving professionals from some of the most eminent universities, research labs, and tech companies of our time. We pride ourselves on recruiting exceptional individuals to help us redefine the state-of-the-art.
We work with 10+ of the largest retailers in the world and have a world-class roster of investors, advisors and partners to support & advise us in our endeavors.
What we offer
We care deeply about the health, happiness, and wellbeing of all of our employees. We offer:
- Competitive Salary & High Growth Stock
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly Team Retreats
- Education grant