Mid Manual Tester
Position: Mid Manual Tester
Location: 100% Remote, Poland
Salary Range: 12000 to 16000 PLN/month (including the value of stock options)
Employment Type: full-time B2B contract
Who we are
Focal Systems is the industry leader in retail AI solutions. We are a Silicon Valley based startup that has more than doubled in size every year since inception. We are a Deep Learning first company. Our mission is to automate and optimize brick and mortar retail using deep learning computer vision. We’ve been deployed at scale with the top retailers in the world – including Walmart Canada. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate people who want to help build a great and enduring company and deploy Deep Learning to the world!
What you will do
As a Mid Manual Tester at our company, you will play an essential role in ensuring the smooth operation and continuous improvement of our software delivery process. Your responsibilities will encompass the following key areas:
- Use test management tools (like TestRail) effectively to manage test cases and to compile test reports.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as a manual tester, with hands-on experience in writing and executing test cases.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Strong understanding of web technologies and the ability to use tools such as Chrome DevTools for debugging and testing web applications.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with issue and project tracking tools, specifically Jira.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a team.
- Fluent in Polish and proficient in English (both written and spoken).
- Proficient in using API clients (e.g., Postman, Insomnia) for testing and interacting with APIs.
- Flexibility in adjusting working hours to meet the needs of the global and time zone-diverse team (urgent tasks or meetings may occur outside of regular CEST working hours)
- Strong work ethic and commitment to complete assigned tasks and projects within established deadlines, even if it requires additional hours beyond the standard 40-hour workweek.
Nice to have experience:
- Familiarity with SQL and the ability to retrieve data.po
- Experience with Linux, bash, SSH and python scripting.
- Familiarity with version control systems, particularly GitHub.
Why Focal Systems
Strong Values and Mission - We are a tightly-knit team with an ambitious mission and a strong set of core values, which define our approach to business and have successfully guided us since inception.
Exceptional Team - We are a team of hard-working, fun-loving professionals from some of the most eminent universities, research labs, and tech companies of our time. We pride ourselves on recruiting exceptional individuals to help us redefine the state-of-the-art.
Outstanding Partners - We work with 10+ of the largest retailers in the world and have a world-class roster of investors, advisors and partners to support & advise us in our endeavors.
What we offer
We care deeply about the health, happiness, and wellbeing of all of our employees. We offer:
- Competitive Salary & Attractive Stock
- Paid Time Off
- Team Retreats
- Education grants