Payroll & Human Resources Manager
Note: SF Bay Area candidates only. This position will require travel to the San Francisco office 1x per week
Focal Systems is the industry leader in retail AI solutions. We are a Silicon Valley based startup that has more than doubled in size every year since inception. We are a Deep Learning first company. Our mission is to automate and optimize brick and mortar retail using deep learning computer vision. Focal Systems has been deployed at scale with the top retailers in the world. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate people who want to help build a great and enduring company and deploy Deep Learning to the world!
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Payroll & HR Coordinator to aid with and facilitate the human resource and payroll processes for our global team (USA, Canada, Europe). This role administers employee profiles in our HR systems and maintains compliance with company policies and procedures. This position supports recruiting, payroll and benefits areas and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The HR Coordinator makes sure that certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping and file maintenance.
What you will do
- Coordinate with the finance departments to process biweekly payroll
- Own biweekly payroll process and maintain payroll systems
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees who have Benefits, Health & Wellness, expense reimbursement questions.
- Maintain and organize the HR & Payroll Documents.
- Support the recruiting and onboarding process with setting up new employees in the company’s HR and IT systems
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Complete Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files
- Submit online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks
- Reconcile benefits statements
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Process required documents through payroll & insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions
- Conduct audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action
- Prepare new-employee files and collate performance review documentation
What you need to be successful
- Experience in an administrative support function which required consistent people interaction, time management, multi-tasking, and a wide variety of daily tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3+ yrs experience managing payroll including strong documentation and reporting
- Exposure to conducting employee onboarding, off-boarding sessions & promoting employee benefit schemes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Why Focal Systems
Strong Values and Mission
We are a tightly-knit team with an ambitious mission and a strong set of core values, which define our approach to business and have successfully guided us since inception.
We are a team of hard-working, fun-loving professionals from some of the most eminent universities, research labs, and tech companies of our time. We pride ourselves on recruiting exceptional individuals to help us redefine the state-of-the-art.
We work with 10+ of the largest retailers in the world and have a world-class roster of investors, advisors and partners to support & advise us in our endeavors.
We care deeply about the health, happiness, and wellbeing of all of our employees. We offer:
- Competitive Salary & Attractive Stock
- Health Insurance
- Catered lunches
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly Team Retreats
- Education grants
$65,000 - $85,000 p/a + company stock (pre IPO)
Something looks off?