Lead Software Engineer - AppDev
Finite State partners with product security teams, the guardians of our connected world, to create transparency for their connected devices and supply chains. Our platform handles connected devices and embedded systems across all industries, including those found in enterprises, healthcare, utilities, connected vehicles, manufacturing facilities, critical infrastructure, and government entities.
We are a fast-growing series-B company with a fully distributed workforce. Led by a team of seasoned experts, we are a mission-driven team passionate about arming our customers with the actionable insights, critical vulnerability data, and remediation guidance necessary to mitigate product risk and protect the connected attack surface. We are committed to a remote first culture.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Technical leadership on the Applications Development (AppDev) team.
- Ownership of technical components of the platform, including improving their operational health.
- Designing and building full-stack software, including greenfield projects or features.
- Data modeling and processing at scale.
- Improving the performance and scalability of our platform.
- Pragmatic technical decision-making to ensure we're delivering high quality software as quickly as possible.
- Incremental improvements and simplifications to our platform’s architecture to improve development velocity, scalability, and deployment flexibility.
- Collaboratively working with QA engineers to ensure proper test coverage and high quality releases.
- Collaborating with the Product team to ensure features are delivered as expected by our customers
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated experience as a software engineer in a technical leadership role.
- Keen interest and experience as a product engineer with lots of customer empathy
- Working experience with Python (or a similar language with the ability to learn quickly!)
- Experience working in SAAS development environment
- Experience with web application frameworks, APIs, Apache Airflow and document databases
- Experience working on small, fast-paced, teams.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with engineers and stakeholders.
- Ability to mentor and advise less experienced engineers.
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Experience with React, Typescript
- Experience with ArangoDB
- Experience working with designs in Figma
- Experience with Tilt, kubernetes and local development
- In 30 days you will: make your first contributions to our platform and demonstrate a good understanding of our market and our customers
- In 60 days you will: be comfortable work with the product team, engineering managers, and the design team and be making significant contributions to the platform
- In 90 days you will: demonstrate a mastery of our technical stack and be able to work through new features from inception with the product team to delivery
Built on two decades of cybersecurity experience, our team of experts understands the hidden risks in today’s enterprise networks, where IoT vulnerabilities are quickly becoming the entry point of choice for cyber attacks.
We have a sense of duty to protect the critical infrastructure we rely on including medical devices, power grids and telecommunication networks. We were founded in 2017 in Columbus, Ohio.
Finite State has a transparent, collaborative and supportive culture - we are looking for people who have a growth mindset, are curious and innovative, and drive results. Our team is smart, but humble, hard working with lots of fun sprinkled in. Above all, our team is driven by our noble mission and we hold ourselves accountable to delivering to our customers every single day.
The Finite State platform brings visibility and control to the supply chains that create connected devices and embedded systems—all in a simple to use platform and at the scale manufacturers need to keep device production on time and on budget. After unpacking and analyzing every file, configuration, and setting in a firmware build, the platform generates a complete bill of materials for software components, identifies known and 0-day vulnerabilities, shows a contextual risk score, and provides actionable insights that product teams can use to secure their software
We are proud to be an Equal Employer Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Finite State is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.