Senior DevOps SecOps Manager
Faro Health aims to improve lives by helping life sciences companies answer complex clinical questions, simply, efficiently and effectively. Our software platform is used to orchestrate complex clinical development with a single source of truth. It brings words, data and teams together, empowering researchers to design more intelligent trials, master complexity and reach milestones faster.
The Sr DevOps SecOps Manager is a senior and key member of the development team who will be entrusted to manage the complexity of change and ensure sanity and stability of the product and its environments. The Sr. DevOps SecOps Manager will work with Faro’s talented DevOps, SecOps and SRE staff but will also be required to contribute individually. By managing infrastructure as code, you will create the foundation for building amazing and intuitive software for clinical trial designers. At the intersection of development and operations, this position will have responsibility for designing and building tools for Azure Cloud using advanced patterns for Zero-Trust security, container orchestration, and distributed microservice scaling for our cloud-based apps. As a manager, you will have an opportunity and a challenge to build a team based on passion and excellence.
This position is open to candidates living in California.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build highly automated, autonomous processes to scale, manage and observe an Azure cloud ecosystem that hosts Faro applications and its customers..
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines for rapid feature development; release high quality software by applying Continuous Deployment and Release best practices.
- Work with a strong set of teams to improve developing and deploying applications and customizations using Feature Flag enabled technologies
- Management of procedures, attestations and methods of insuring compliance and validation of quality
- Treat our infrastructure as code with built in security principles.
- Ensure Zero-Trust as well as perimeter based solid security posture that is built into our platform design.
- Maintain a highly functional and reliable health platform to the delight of our customers.
- Apply the best of managed Azure technologies to solve problems effectively and pragmatically
- Work closely with peers on the development team to define and implement the company’s roadmap, and to help tackle the company’s biggest problems.
- Collaborate with Compliance (e.g. SOC and ISO) and Quality Control (e.g. CFR 21 part 11, release quality validation controls and procedures, etc.)
- Build and lead a team
- You have significant hands-on experience in Continuous Integration and Development (CI/CD), with at least 5 years in software engineering.
- You have demonstrable experience in managing complex infrastructure for high scale cloud-based systems.
- You have 2+ years of experience managing and inspiring DevOps teams
- You have experience in a fast moving, growth-minded startup, and are comfortable with being flexible and adaptable as requirements change.
- You have a thorough and current understanding of technologies and frameworks involved in building cloud-based apps.
- You have a good understanding of Compliance and Quality regulations (21 CFR Part 11. ISO, SOC.)
- You have a good balance of idealism and pragmatism.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Good understanding of Azure Cloud Identity capabilities (e.g. B2C) and OpenID Connect protocol.
- Knowledge of containerization and clustering tech: Docker, Kubernetes, HELM
- Solid knowledge of CI/CD tools: Azure DevOps, and GitHub Actions / Workflows
- Experience with Direct Multi-tenancy
- Experience with Direct Feature-Flag with data migrations
- Experience with Direct containerization/orchestration
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (terraform)
- Experience in data presentation and analytics for observability using App Insights, Splunk or similar
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and take on different assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent training experience
- Salary range for this position is $148,000 to $231,000 per year.
- Salary listed reflects the base salary only and does not include other elements of total compensation
- Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Flexible Vacation Policy; Paid Sick & Public Holidays Observed)
- Continuous Training & Development
- Work from Home, Office or Hybrid
- Peer-to-peer bonus program
- Company/department outings and events
- Stock Option Plan