Sr. Leader, Security, Quality and Compliance
Faro Health aims to improve lives by helping life sciences companies answer complex clinical questions, simply, efficiently and effectively. Our software platform is used to orchestrate complex clinical development with a single source of truth. It brings words, data and teams together, empowering researchers to design more intelligent trials, master complexity and reach milestones faster.
The Senior Leader is a key member of the Faro Management Team who will be entrusted to manage the complexity of change and ensure a strong structural, security, and quality posture of Faro product environments. By managing a team of talented DevOps, SecOps and Compliance engineers, you will implement a fully automated infrastructure-as-code and create the foundation for state of the art compliance posture through SOC 2 and ISO standards. At the intersection of security, compliance and operations, this position is responsible for designing and building tools for Azure Cloud using advanced patterns for Zero-Trust security, container orchestration, and distributed microservice scaling for our cloud-based apps. You will have an opportunity to demonstrate hands-on excellence in building and managing highly scalable and mission critical cloud SaaS systems with exceptional quality and security.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build highly automated, autonomous processes to scale
- Manage and observe an Azure cloud ecosystem that hosts Faro applications and its customers
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines for rapid feature development and release high quality software by applying Continuous Deployment and Release best practices.
- Lead development and ops teams to improve developing and deploying applications and customizations using Feature Flag enabled technologies
- Achieve attestation and strong security posture by completing and maintaining SOC 2, ISO and NIST based processes and tools.
- Partner closely with the development team to define and implement the company’s roadmap, and help tackle the company’s biggest problems.
- Leadership expectations
- You have significant hands-on experience in Continuous Integration and Development (CI/CD), with at least 7 years in software engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent training experience
- You have demonstrable experience in managing complex infrastructure for high scale cloud-based systems.
- You have 5+ years of experience managing and inspiring DevOps teams
- You have experience in a fast moving, growth-minded startup, and are comfortable with being flexible and adaptable as requirements change.
- You have a thorough and current understanding of technologies and frameworks involved in building cloud-based apps.
- You have a good balance of idealism and pragmatism.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud, Google Cloud or similar technologies
- Excellent understanding of SOC 2 and ISO requirements with a proven record of achieving certifications and attestations.
- Excellent understanding of 21 CFR Part 11 compliance requirements.
- Excellent understanding of Good Clinical Practices.
- Knowledge of containerization and clustering tech: Docker, Kubernetes, HELM
- Solid knowledge of CI/CD tools: Azure DevOps, and GitHub Actions / Workflows
- Experience developing scripting using: Python, bash, PowerShell
- Experience in data presentation and analytics for observability using App Insights, Splunk or similar
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and take on different assignments
- Salary range for this position is $199,000 - $298,000
- Salary listed reflects the base salary only and does not include other elements of total compensation
- Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Flexible Vacation Policy; Paid Sick & Public Holidays Observed)
- Continuous Training & Development
- Work from Home, Office or Hybrid
- Peer-to-peer bonus program
- Company/department outings and events
- Stock Option Plan
Something looks off?