Senior Sales Engineer, Health & Life Sciences
Domino Data Lab
Who we are
Domino Data Lab powers model-driven businesses with its leading Enterprise AI platform trusted by over 20% of the Fortune 100. Domino accelerates the development and deployment of data science work while increasing collaboration and governance. With Domino, enterprises worldwide can develop better medicines, grow more productive crops, build better cars, and much more. Founded in 2013, Domino is backed by Coatue Management, Great Hill Partners, Highland Capital, Sequoia Capital and other leading investors.
What we are building
Domino's Sales Engineering team helps our prospects see the possibilities of the Domino platform. Our Sales Engineers work closely with Enterprise Account Executives to conduct product demonstrations, design and execute successful proof-of-concepts, and determine the technical needs for customer implementations. Domino is a small and growing company and as such the Sales Engineers also work cross-functionally with Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to help vivify the market's needs.
What your impact will be
In your first year, your impact will be:
- Taking technical ownership of opportunities delivering revenue to the company
- Delivering demos and technical workshops to prospective clients
- Define and run proof of concept(s) with a prospect
- Becoming a Domino Subject Matter Expert to help guide prospects through the buyer's journey
- Showcasing proficiency at objection handling and answering common customer questions
- Contributing back to the Sales Engineering team by providing documentation and demo assets
What we look for in this role
- 3-5 years in a customer-facing pre-sales or technical role
- Experience working in the field of Data Analytics and Data Science
- Experience with selling enterprise IT software
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at Pain point identification and discovery questioning
- Comfortable writing code, preferably python
- Experience with common data science libraries (PyTorch, Tensorflow, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Experience with distributed compute frameworks, e.g. Spark, Ray, Dask etc.
- Comfortable with Linux
- Understanding of Kubernetes platforms, Docker, containerization
What we value
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible. At Domino, everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company