Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Domino Data Lab
Who we are
Domino Data Lab powers model-driven businesses with its leading Enterprise AI platform trusted by over 20% of the Fortune 100. Domino accelerates the development and deployment of data science work while increasing collaboration and governance. With Domino, enterprises worldwide can develop better medicines, grow more productive crops, build better cars, and much more. Founded in 2013, Domino is backed by Coatue Management, Great Hill Partners, Highland Capital, Sequoia Capital and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.domino.ai
What we are building
The UI Team’s mission is fourfold, 1) enable feature development within the ProdEng pods where capacity/expertise is lacking relative to feature requirements, 2) update the Domino UI to enhance look and feel across the entire UI through the definition and implementation of design components, 3) maintain the frameworks in the Domino UI (e.g. upgrade React to the latest version), 4) set best UI development practices, improve test coverage, increase FE development efficiency, and enhance FE quality.
What your impact will be
In your first year, you will...
- Have integrated with the UI team to help build out the new frontend architecture and contribute to the effort to advance Domino’s standardization of frontend components using the new Domino design system
- Engage with the backend engineers to develop and/or guide development of the server-side APIs that support the frontend components effectively in both functional and high performance endpoints
- Contribute ideas and expertise to help improve the efficiency of UI development in Domino’s engineering practice
- Make architectural improvements to significantly increase the productivity of engineers working on the Domino frontend
- Develop a roadmap for improving the Domino “look and feel” and is actively creating and contributing to strategies that will decrease the maintenance overhead for Domino
- Mentor junior team members, helping to improve their skills and knowledge, as well as onboarding new folks into the team when applicable
What we look for in this role
- Experience working with modern front-end build tools and practices (e.g. Node, NPM, Yarn, WebPack).
- Familiarity with Java, Scala, Golang, C/C++, C#, Python, Kotlin or any other Object oriented or functional programming language is a big plus
- Demonstrated track record of delivering quality web applications or component
What we value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible At Domino Everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply