Director of Technical Product Marketing
Domino Data Lab
Who we are
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
Our Product Marketing team at Domino serves as the beacon for the customer's perspective and leads the charge in articulating Domino's narrative. We define and mold our marketing initiatives, fueled by ambitious objectives to enhance our go-to-market triumphs and outperform in the competitive landscape. The team's responsibilities include the creation and execution of compelling positioning strategies, persuasive messaging content, and establishing thought leadership. Our aim is to empower our sales representatives and partners to secure more contracts with greater efficiency.
What your impact will be
- Understand and articulate the platform functionalities and technical aspects, along with its differentiating factors and potential use cases for the market to understand and appreciate Domino’s technical superiority relative to competition, with clear and compelling technical content highlighting what’s possible with Domino
- Market intelligence: Provide the technical know-how of key market trends, new ecosystem developments and guide positioning of Domino in light of those
- High conversion integrated campaigns with quality middle-funnel and bottom-funnel assets educating our technical audience
- Deliver a steady stream of technical content such as labs, demos, videos, blogs, training, webinars and more to educate our data scientist users and prospects about what’s possible with the Domino platform.
- Established differentiated thought leadership around trends in AI – such as Generative AI and Responsible AI - targeting practitioners
- Partner with product and engineering and support our product launches with technical collateral, and sales enablement as well as guide the product roadmap
What we look for in this role
- Experience: 7+ years of experience in technical marketing, product marketing, sales engineering or a similar role.
- Domain expertise: Relevant experience in big data, data analytics, AI/ML technologies marketing to technical personas
- Technical knowledge: Proficiency in AI, machine learning, MLOps, and data engineering is essential. Should be comfortable discussing and explaining these technologies to the technical audience. Knowledge of programming languages like Python, R is required. Should be comfortable and hands-on with open-source and enterprise AI tools
- Marketing skills: Good understanding of marketing strategies and proficiency in content creation, SEO, social media marketing, and market research
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are crucial as this role involves creating content and presenting complex technical concepts in simple, understandable terms
- Leadership and teamwork: Collaborate cross-functionally with engineers, marketing, sales, and other teams and manage multiple projects at once. Brings new ideas and initiatives across the company for this function
- Customer-centric: Ability to understand customer needs and translate them into effective content and solutions
- Continual learner: AI is rapidly evolving, hence the candidate should be a continual learner, staying up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies and advancements and be able to educate internal stakeholders and the market on those trends
What we value
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible. At Domino, everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company