Machine Learning Engineer: Recall Team (Remote)
About usConstructor.io powers product search and discovery for some of the largest retailers in the world. We serve billions of requests every week, and you’ve probably seen our results somewhere and used our product without knowing it. We differentiate ourselves by focusing on metrics over features, and reinventing search and discovery from the ground up as a machine learning challenge with the specific goal of improving metrics like revenue. We’re approximately doubling year over year despite the market slow down and have customers in every eCommerce vertical. We’re a passionate team of technologists who love solving problems and want to make our customers’ and coworkers’ lives better. We value empathy, openness, curiosity, continuous improvement, and are excited by metrics that matter. We believe that empowering everyone in a company to do what they think is best can lead to great things.
Recall team are new in Constructor and we're plan to boost business KPIs, help clients to improve their catalogs with ML and make our DS part more transparent for our customers.
Challenges you will tackle
- Build and deploy robust ML systems for search (including vector search, attribute enrichment for products, etc).
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical business partners to develop analytical dashboards that describe the impact of ML algorithms to stakeholders.
- Improve business KPIs by using new techniques/models and validating hypotheses.
- Make whole system more transparent for our customer.
- You are proficient in NLP on high level, has practical experience with modern architectures.
- You are familiar with classic NLP approaches, have a good understanding of when to use them, acknowledged about advantages/disadvantages vs modern approaches.
- You are excited about using ML to build a performant and practical search system for 200M+ requests per day.
- You excel at Python, at least one ML/DL framework (we're using torch), have proficiency with any variant of SQL, and feel comfortable with the big data stack like Spark, Presto/Athena & Hive.
- You have delivered production ML systems and conducted A/B tests to validate their value.
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to translate intuition into data-driven hypotheses that result in engineering solutions that bring significant business value
- You love to work on performance optimization such as increasing result quality and improving code performance
- Excellent NLP knowledge (especially transformer-based approaches)
- Comprehensive knowledge of classical machine learning
- Practical experience with deep learning
- Great Python knowledge
- Proficiency with big data stack for end-to-end ML product development
- Excellent skills delivering and communicating business value
- Will be huge plus
- Skills designing, conducting, and analyzing A/B tests
- Experience with Rust (or C/C++)
- Experience with a public cloud like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and their trade-off
Salary for this position 90-110k USD + stock options + stipend
- Unlimited vacation time: we strongly encourage all of our employees take at least 3 weeks per year
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Company sponsored US health coverage (100% paid for employee)
- Fully remote team - choose where you live
- Work from home stipend! We want you to have the resources you need to set up your home office
- Apple laptops provided for new employees
- Training and development budget for every employee, refreshed each year
- Parental leave for qualified employees
- Work with smart people who will help you grow and make a meaningful impact
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group.
Something looks off?