Cloud Security Engineer
Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for some of the largest retailers in the world. We serve billions of requests every week, and you’ve probably seen our results somewhere and used our product without knowing it. We differentiate ourselves by focusing on metrics over features, and reinventing search and discovery from the ground up as a machine learning challenge with the specific goal of improving metrics like revenue. We’re approximately doubling year over year despite the market slow down and have customers in every eCommerce vertical. We’re a passionate team of technologists who love solving problems and want to make our customers’ and coworkers’ lives better. We value empathy, openness, curiosity, continuous improvement, and are excited by metrics that matter. We believe that empowering everyone in a company to do what they think is best can lead to great things.
You’re an infrastructure engineer with a deep background in security and platform engineering/devops who loves autonomy and self-direction. You have experience monitoring and hardening infrastructure in AWS, as well as setting up SIEMs and other systems to monitor security-related events. You enjoy collaborating with others as well as working independently to accomplish your goals.
About the Job
You’ll join the distributed Constructor platform engineering team as a security-focused engineer. You’ll be working with our CISO, our platform engineering team, and our software engineers to create systems to monitor and improve security, develop guardrails to allow teams to create and deploy systems safely and securely, and continuously improve the security posture of our AWS infrastructure.
This role will have a large say in determining security priorities and enhancing Constructor’s security posture.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Following best-practice approaches to configure AWS services to keep our systems secure
- Reviewing and improving our production security architecture
- Developing systems to ensure compliance with data privacy regulations
- Advising engineering teams on how to develop and deploy secure systems
- Maintaining and enhancing security monitoring and alerts
- Enhancing and responding to automated scanning utilities
- Responding to security incidents
- Helping with our SOC2 and ISO27001 security audits
You will be successful in this role if you're described by some of the below:
- Have at least 3 years of experience working as a security professional
- Have at least 3 years of experience hardening infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- Have experience setting up and maintaining security platforms, SIEMs, and monitoring systems
- Have worked at a high-traffic website with highly available and robust systems
- Pick up new ideas and technologies quickly, love learning and talking to others about them
- Enjoy helping others around you
- Can work independently
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group.
Something looks off?