Data Engineer : Merchant Intelligence (Remote)
Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for some of the largest retailers in the world. We serve billions of requests every week, and you’ve probably seen our results somewhere and used our product without knowing it. We differentiate ourselves by focusing on metrics over features, and reinventing search and discovery from the ground up as a machine learning challenge with the specific goal of improving metrics like revenue. We’re approximately doubling year over year despite the market slow down and have customers in every eCommerce vertical. We’re a passionate team of technologists who love solving problems and want to make our customers’ and coworkers’ lives better. We value empathy, openness, curiosity, continuous improvement, and are excited by metrics that matter. We believe that empowering everyone in a company to do what they think is best can lead to great things.
Merchant Intelligence Team
An important part of our product is the Customer dashboard that helps merchandizers to analyze and impact user behavior. We provide a number of tools for them to influence which products and product attributes should and will receive more attention to create value for their business. The goal of the Merchant Intelligence team is to:
- Help merchandizers achieve their e-commerce goals, increasing satisfaction with their sites and retention of customers.
- Provide insights to merchants they can't get anywhere else.
- Become a critical point of merchant team planning, decision making, and evaluation so we become a sticky part of their organization.
Challenges you will tackle
- Deliver new reports and tools for merchandizers and analysts from e-commerce companies.
- Improve the existing dashboard experience by building analytics that provide insights to improve KPIs.
- Perform data exploration and research user behavior.
- Implement end-to-end data pipelines to support realtime analytics for important business metrics.
- Take part in product research and development, iterate with prototypes and customer product interviews.
- You are proficient in BI tools (data analysis, building dashboards for engineers and non-technical folks).
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to translate business asks into a technical language and vice versa.
- You are excited to leverage massive amounts of data to drive product innovation & deliver business value.
- You're familiar with math statistics (A/B-tests)
- You are proficient at SQL (any variant), well-versed in exploratory data analysis with Python (pandas & numpy, data visualization libraries). Big plus is practical familiarity with the big data stack (Spark, Presto/Athena, Hive).
- You are adept at fast prototyping and providing analytical support for initiatives in the e-commerce space by identifying & focusing on relevant features & metrics.
- You are willing to develop and maintain effective communication tools to report business performance and inform decision-making at a cross-functional level.
- Stack: python, numpy, pandas, SQL, pyspark, flask, docker, git
- Unlimited vacation time -we strongly encourage all of our employees take at least 3 weeks per year
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Company sponsored US health coverage (100% paid for employee)
- Fully remote team - choose where you live
- Work from home stipend! We want you to have the resources you need to set up your home office
- Apple laptops provided for new employees
- Training and development budget for every employee, refreshed each year
- Parental leave for qualified employees
- Work with smart people who will help you grow and make a meaningful impact
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group.
Something looks off?