Backend & API Engineer - Catalog Management (Remote)
Job Description: Backend & API Engineer - Catalog Management
You're an engineer who loves solving problems, learning, and making people's lives easier. You enjoy thinking about the product as a whole and developing features that work seamlessly and reliably. You get satisfaction from building a scalable product that people love to use. You enjoy jumping between different layers of the stack and you’re equipped with a wide range of tools and technologies. You take pride in your reliable code and embrace automated testing as unequivocally good. You are motivated to balance cutting edge technology with stability and robustness to build something truly useful. You want to build things you can be proud of, and work with an international team of experienced, passionate engineers.
As a Backend Engineer in the Catalog Management team, you will be a key player in the development and maintenance of catalog management related subsystems and will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and accessibility of customers catalog data.
The Catalog Management team is responsible for processing catalog updates & delivering them to all internal teams as quickly and as efficiently as possible. You will provide different ways to interact with product catalog data, which sits at the center of everything we build, so all of our customers and many internal teams will be relying on your work on a daily basis.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams to implement new features, enhance system performance, and ensure the seamless functionality of our platform. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer looking to make a significant impact in a high-growth environment.
Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for some of the largest retailers in the world, like Sephora and Backcountry. We serve billions of requests every year, and you’ve probably seen our results somewhere and used our product without knowing it. We differentiate ourselves by focusing on metrics over features, and reinventing search and discovery from the ground up as a machine learning challenge with the specific goal of improving metrics like revenue. We have grown several hundred percent YoY for the last 2 years and have customers in every eCommerce vertical, around the world, and spanning many languages.
We’re a passionate team of technologists who love solving problems and want to make our customers’ and coworkers’ lives better. We value empathy, openness, curiosity, continuous improvement, and are excited by metrics that matter. We believe that empowering everyone in a company to do what they think is best can lead to great things.
You will be successful in this role if you've done some or all of the below:
- Proficient in Python
- Have experience with large-scale data processing
- Have experience with server-side coding and API design
- Have worked at a high-traffic website and designed highly available and robust systems
- Have experience with relational databases and distributed systems
- Enjoy being part of the product development process and incorporating customer feedback into your solutions.
- Enjoy working across the full stack, contributing to all layers of feature development
- Love designing and implementing new features
- Enjoy helping others around you grow as developers and be successful
- Can work independently
- Pick up new ideas and technologies quickly, love learning and talking to others about them
- Love to experiment and use data and customer feedback to drive decision making