Software Engineer for AB Testing Platform (Remote)
Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for the largest retailers in the world, like Sephora and Backcountry, serving billions of requests every year: you have most likely used our product without knowing it. Each year we are growing in revenue and scale by several multiples, helping customers in every eCommerce vertical around the world.
We love working together to help each other succeed, and are committed to maintaining an open, cooperative culture as we grow. We get to the right answer with empathy, ownership and passion for making an impact.
The Experiments team builds tools to evaluate product hypotheses. We help other teams test their ideas to raise KPIs such as revenue and conversions. We focus on quality over quantity of experiments.
Our team members solve a wide range of tasks, from developing the core experiments platform to creating dashboards for key metrics, all the while continually improving the trustworthiness, necessary time, and count of experiments. As a member of the Experiments team, you will integrate state-of-the-art solutions for AB tests and develop a scalable and flexible system for the company and customers.
Challenges you will tackle
- Build and support the platform for AB tests and any necessary upstream services. That includes implementing user-facing features for running/analyzing experiments, improving performance and scalability of our services, and dealing with technical debt.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical teams to develop and integrate solutions to improve platform functionality
- Improve business KPIs by providing a trustworthy solution for product changes
- You have hands-on experience building services for production, with a good understanding of the full pipeline of development.
- You understand the necessity of monitoring and quality assurance for services that directly affect the customer's experience.
- You have experience with or a good understanding of AB testing and statistics (ideally experience building platforms for AB experiments) or you are ready to dive into the technical details of the experimental domain
- You’re curious about how people use the product you build, not just how it looks from the technical perspective
- Stack: Python, Plotly Dash, SQL, PySpark, AWS (Athena, S3, Cloudformation), Databricks. We do not expect you to be proficient in all of these, but strong Python knowledge and backend development experience are required, as well as some experience with aforementioned or similar big data processing tools.
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Fully remote team - choose where you live
- Work from home stipend! We want you to have the resources you need to set up your home office
- Apple laptops provided for new employees
- Training and development budget for every employee, refreshed each year
- Parental leave for qualified employees
- Work with smart people who will help you grow and make a meaningful impact
- Compensation: base range of 90-105K USD + stock options + work from home bonus
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group. Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. Our primary interest is in finding the best candidate for the job. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of our listed qualifications.