Full Stack Engineer : Recommendations (Remote)
Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for the largest retailers in the world, like Sephora and Backcountry, serving billions of requests every year: you have most likely used our product without knowing it. Each year we are growing in revenue and scale by several multiples, helping customers in every eCommerce vertical around the world.
We love working together to help each other succeed and are committed to maintaining an open, cooperative culture as we grow. We get to the right answer with empathy, ownership, and passion for making an impact.
About the Team
The Recommendations team plays an important role in improving the experience of our customers & end-users. We're a passionate team of cross-functional engineers who love challenges and want to make people’s lives better. We value openness, curiosity, continuous improvement, and great code. We believe that empowering everyone in a company to do what they think is best can lead to great things.
You're a Full Stack engineer who writes reliable code and embraces automated testing as an unequivocal Good Thing. Balancing cutting-edge technology with stability and robustness entices you, and building something useful drives you. You want to work with a driven team, build things you can be proud of, and avoid workplace politics as much as possible.
About the Job
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you'll help enhance our Recommendations product to make it more valuable to our customers by improving our analytics & merchandising components. You'll work with other great engineers, a product designer, and a product manager to help define the most important work to do and create a great web experience for our customers.
- Strong proficiency in HTML and CSS for creating semantic and maintainable UIs.
- Full-stack development experience, preferably with Python and one SQL dialect.
- Ideally familiar with TypeScript and Ruby on Rails.
- Passionate about thorough testing and delivering high-quality results.
- Quick learner, adept at adopting new ideas and technologies.
- Autonomous and self-driven, with a focus on fostering the growth and success of fellow developers.
- Constantly inspired, generating new ideas and sharing them with others.
- Embraces experimentation and utilizes data and customer feedback for decision-making.
- Seeks an engineering culture that collaboratively solves customer problems alongside product teams.
- Experience collaborating in cross-functional teams.
- Availability for calls between 12 pm and 5 pm UTC.
- Excellent English communication skills.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group.