Backend Engineer: Search Features & APIs (Remote)
You're an engineer who loves solving problems, learning, and making people's lives easier. You enjoy thinking about the product as a whole and developing features that work seamlessly and reliably. You get satisfaction from building a scalable product that people love to use. You enjoy jumping between different layers of the stack and you’re equipped with a wide range of tools and technologies. You take pride in your reliable code and embrace automated testing as unequivocally good. You are motivated to balance cutting edge technology with stability and robustness to build something truly useful. You want to build things you can be proud of, and work with an international team of experienced, passionate engineers.
As a Backend Engineer in the Search team, you'll work closely with product to plan and deliver features that impact the whole stack, all the way from the search backend, to our APIs, to the customer dashboard. You will be building rich product discovery experiences and developing features that define how users interact with search. You'll help determine what technologies we use to make backend performance and database communication blazing fast, and you'll help craft testing strategies to make sure uptime is 100% and customers stay satisfied.
Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for some of the largest retailers in the world, like Sephora and Backcountry. We serve billions of requests every year, and you’ve probably seen our results somewhere and used our product without knowing it. We differentiate ourselves by focusing on metrics over features, and reinventing search and discovery from the ground up as a machine learning challenge with the specific goal of improving metrics like revenue. We have grown several hundred percent YoY for the last 2 years and have customers in every eCommerce vertical, around the world, and spanning many languages.
We’re a passionate team of technologists who love solving problems and want to make our customers’ and coworkers’ lives better. We value empathy, openness, curiosity, continuous improvement, and are excited by metrics that matter. We believe that empowering everyone in a company to do what they think is best can lead to great things.
You will be successful in this role if you've done some or all of the below:
- Have experience with server-side coding and API design
- Have worked at a high-traffic website and designed highly available and robust systems
- Have experience with relational databases and distributed systems
- Enjoy being part of the product development process and incorporating customer feedback into your solutions.
- Love defining and implementing beautiful and inherently consistent Web APIs
- Enjoy working across the full stack, contributing to all layers of feature development
- Love designing and implementing new features
- Enjoy helping others around you grow as developers and be successful
- Can work independently
- Pick up new ideas and technologies quickly, love learning and talking to others about them
- Love to experiment and use data and customer feedback to drive decision making
- Have Python experience
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group.