Data Analyst : A/B-tests and customer onboarding (Remote)
Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for some of the largest retailers in the world. We serve billions of requests every week, and you’ve probably seen our results somewhere and used our product without knowing it. We differentiate ourselves by focusing on metrics over features, and reinventing search and discovery from the ground up as a machine learning challenge with the specific goal of improving metrics like revenue. We’re approximately doubling year over year despite the market slow down and have customers in every eCommerce vertical. We’re a passionate team of technologists who love solving problems and want to make our customers’ and coworkers’ lives better. We value empathy, openness, curiosity, continuous improvement, and are excited by metrics that matter. We believe that empowering everyone in a company to do what they think is best can lead to great things.
Data Science Integrations team
Providing measurable KPI lifts is the goal of our platform, and most customers want to prove it running an A/B-test against either an in-house solution or one of our competitors. We have no doubts that our product discovery platform is the most effective on the market, and constantly prove it with huge conversion lifts in tests.
The Data Science Integrations team ensures that we run successful A/B tests at scale while minimizing manual engineering effort. The team owns the customer onboarding process from a data quality standpoint, verifies the quality of customer integrations and tracking, and ensures that Constructor algorithms work as expected when ramping out tests to live customers
The team consists of a mix of data analysts & data engineers. As a member of the Data Science Integrations team, you will use world-class analytical, engineering and data processing techniques to build the foundational infrastructure, tooling and analytical capabilities to enable the business to move forward. You will be working with leading e-commerce companies in the world to make our platform work at 100%, collaborating with almost every engineering team at Constructor.
Challenges you will tackle
- Take initiative and perform data exploration to understand user behavior, suggest opportunities for improving our recommender & search systems, and implement pipelines for data delivery, as well as UX/UI changes.
- Ideate and deliver analytical insights to merchandizers to enable effective decision making and provide the best possible results during evaluation
- Help the Customer Success team to communicate with merchandizers, fulfill their needs during integration, and provide best results for online metrics
- Collaborate with the Customer Integrations team to make sure customers are integrated without bugs and with sufficient tracking to power data pipelines and models for search engine.
- You are proficient in BI tools (data analysis, building dashboards for engineers and non-technical folks).
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to translate business asks into a technical language and vice versa.
- You are excited to leverage massive amounts of data to drive product innovation & deliver business value.
- You're familiar with math statistics (A/B-tests)
- You are proficient at SQL (any variant), well-versed in exploratory data analysis with Python (pandas & numpy, data visualization libraries). Big plus is practical familiarity with the big data stack (Spark, Presto/Athena, Hive).
- You are adept at fast prototyping and providing analytical support for initiatives in the e-commerce space by identifying & focusing on relevant features & metrics.
- You are willing to develop and maintain effective communication tools to report business performance and inform decision-making at a cross-functional level.
- Stack: athena/presto, python (notebooks), databricks, google analytics.
- Unlimited vacation time -we strongly encourage all of our employees take at least 3 weeks per year
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Company sponsored US health coverage (100% paid for employee)
- Fully remote team - choose where you live
- Work from home stipend! We want you to have the resources you need to set up your home office
- Apple laptops provided for new employees
- Training and development budget for every employee, refreshed each year
- Parental leave for qualified employees
- Work with smart people who will help you grow and make a meaningful impact
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group.